How do I remove the System Key functionality of Service Pack 3?
As stated in the previous FAQ there is not a simple remove function however
if you restore the SAM from an ERD that was taken before the system key was
enabled, it will remove this feature from the system.
- Boot off of the NT installation disks
- After disk 2 press R for repair
- Deselect everything except "Inspect registry files" and select
- Continue as per normal, inserting disk 3 and then the ERD (the one created
before syskey was run)
- Once completed reboot and you should no longer have the system key in use