How do I configure a server as a Global Catalog?
To configure a Windows 2000 domain controller (DC) as a Global Catalog (GC)
server, perform the following steps.
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Active Directory Sites and
Services Manager. (From the Start menu, select Programs, Administrative
Tools, Active Directory Sites and Services Manager.)
- Select the Sites branch.
- Select the site that owns the server, and expand the Servers branch.
- Select the server you want to configure.
- Right-click NTDS Settings, and select Properties.
- Select or clear the Global Catalog Server checkbox, which the Screen
- Click Apply, OK.