How do I force replication between two domain controllers in a site?
In Windows NT 4.0, you can use Server Manager to force replication between
domain controllers (DCs). In Windows 2000, you can force replication between DCs
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Active Directory Sites and
- Expand the Sites branch to show the sites.
- Expand the site that contains the DCs. (The default site
Default-First-Site-Name might be the only site.)
- Expand the servers.
- Select the server you want to replicate to, and expand the server.
- Double-click NTDS Settings for the server.
- Right-click the server you want to replicate from.
- Select Replicate Now from the context menu, as the Screen shows.
- Click OK in the confirmation dialog box.
This replication is one-way. If you want two-way replication, you need to
replicate in each direction.