Questions and answers for System Security Restrictions and Settings.
System Security Restrictions and Settings.
Options affect selected user, see the status bar.
[Index] [Home] [All Restrictions]
- How to Enforce Shell Extension Security? - This restriction can be used to limit the system to only run files that have an approved shell extension.
- How to Disable PC Speaker Beeping on Errors? - If you get annoyed by the beeps and noises coming from your PC speaker but can't find a way to turn it off, then use this tip to disable it.
- How to Automatically Ending Hung Applications? - When this option is enabled it will force Windows to shutdown immediately ending all tasks without attempting to safely close any applications that have hung.
- How to Disable Low Disk Space Notification? - This setting controls whether you receive a "Low Disk Space" warning when free disk space reaches less than 200 megabytes.
- How to Disable Registry Editing Tools? - This setting disables user's ability to run Regedit.exe or Regedt32.exe to modify the registry.
- How to Disable the Windows Animation Function? - Although the Windows animation function, can look good it can slow down your PC if you have a slower graphics card. This option allows you to disable the Windows animation function.
- How to Disable Smooth Scrolling Function? - This setting allows you to disable the Windows smooth scrolling function, which on a low-powered system can cause performance degradation.
- How to Disable the Shut Down Command? - This option allows you to stop users from being able to shutdown the computer, by disabling the shut down command. It also removes the Shut Down button from the Windows NT Security dialog box.
- How to Disable Task Manager? - Enables or disables the user's ability to start Task Manager to view processes, applications running, and make changes to the priority or state of the individual processes. It also removes the Task Manager button from the Windows NT Security dialog box.
- How to Disable the Lock Workstation Button? - Add this setting to the registry to stop unauthorized users from locking machines from the Windows NT Security dialog box.
- How to Disable the Change Password Button? - This setting disables the 'Change Password' button on the Windows NT Security dialog box. Enabling this setting stops casual users from being able to change the password.
- How to Change Alternate Installation Credential Settings? - These settings control whether users are prompted to enter alternate logon credentials when installing software as a non administrative user.
- How to Screen Saver Password Protection Policy? - This restriction determines whether the screen saver is password protected and prevents users from changing the password-protection setting.
- How to Prompt for Password on Resume? - This setting allows you to configure the computer to always lock and require a password after resuming from hibernate or suspend mode.
- How to Disable Tracking of Broken Shortcut Links? - The NTFS File System in NT-based Windows automatically attempts to locate broken shortcut destinations by searching all paths that are associated with it. This setting can be used to disable that feature.
- How to Comprehensive Search for Broken Shortcuts? - When the system cannot find the target file of a shortcut it searches all the associated paths. If still not found it performs a comprehensive search of the drive to locate the file. This setting can be used to disable the final search.
- How to Disable Automatic Network Shortcut Resolution? - When you create a shortcut to a resource on a mapped network drive, and then remap the same drive to a different network resource, Windows attempts to connect to the original network resource when you access the shortcut. This option lets you disable it completely.
- How to Disable Update Device Driver Wizard? - This option allows you to disable the ability to use Windows Update to locate updated drivers for hardware in the Device Manager.
- How to Disable Desktop Cleanup Wizard? - By default Windows runs the Desktop Cleanup Wizard every 60 days to remove unused items and shortcuts from desktop. This setting lets you disable it from running automatically.
- How to Disable the Thumbnail Cache? - This option lets you stop explorer from caching thumbnail pictures and instead of this refresh any images every time a folder is opened.
- How to Disable CD Burning? - This restriction is used to disable the use of the inbuilt CD recording functions of Windows.
Security Administrator [More] [Download] [Buy]
Limit access to key features of Windows PC ...